Invest as little as HKD1,000 per month
Purchase a particular stock with equal investment amount monthly, and more shares will be purchased when the stock price is low and fewer shares will be purchased when the stock price is high, reducing risks associated with short-term market volatility. SISP helps long term and disciplined investors not worry about short term market fluctuations, balancing the effectiveness of your investment.
How does SISP work?
Example: Assuming a customer sets up a plan for stock A with a monthly investment amount of HKD5,000.
|Before the Hold Fund Date
||The customer should ensure there is at least HKD5,000 in the debit account for this plan.
|Hold Fund Date
||HKD5,000 is held from the debit account.
(the second trading day of HKEx after the Hold Fund Date)
|Dah Sing Bank is instructed by each of the customers who subscribe to purchase stock A under SISP to endeavour to purchase the maximum number of stock A on the Purchase Date using their respective monthly investment amounts after deducting handling fee.
Assuming the average purchase price of stock A is HKD19.8*.
Number of Shares Purchased (Remarks)
Monthly Investment Amount after deducting Handling Fee ÷ Average Purchase Price
HKD4,962 ÷ HKD19.8 = 250 shares
Remarks: Calculate as the maximum integral number of stock can be bought
(the fourth trading day of HKEx after the Hold Fund Date)
|The total payment amount for purchasing stock A will be debited from the debit account, consisting of:
(i) Purchase Amount
Number of Shares Purchased x Average Purchase Price
= 250 shares x HKD19.8 = HKD4,950
(ii) Handling Fee (minimum is HKD38)
As HKD4,950 x 0.25% = HKD12.375 (minimum handling of HK$38 will be charged).
Therefore, hold fund of HKD5,000 will be released and a total of HKD4,988 (HKD4,950 + HKD38) will be debited. Furthermore, 250 shares of stock A will be deposited into the customers'securities account. The shares will be available for disposal.
*Assuming the Bank purchased 300 shares of stock A at HKD20 and other 300 shares at HKD19.6 in total, the average purchase price is
(300 x HKD20 + 300 x HKD19.6) ÷ 600 = HKD19.8
- The minimum monthly investment amount is HKD1,000. You can increase your monthly contribution in the multiple of HKD500.The monthly investment amount will include brokerage and other charges.
- If you use Dah Sing Bank credit card as your debit account, the aggregate total of monthly investment amount of all your Plans cannot be greater than HKD5,000.
- The monthly investment amount will be withheld in your debit account on the pre-designated monthly Hold Fund Date. If the Hold Fund Date falls on a non-business day (including Saturday, Sunday or Public Holiday), the monthly investment amount will be withheld on the next business day. The purchase instruction will be executed on the second trading day after the Hold Fund Date.
- If trading of the stock which is the subject matter of your participation in the SISP is suspended on any proposed Purchase Date, your instruction to purchase such stock on such Purchase Date will be cancelled, and the corresponding monthly investment amount for the purchase of such stock may be withdrawn by you from your debit account after the proposed Purchase Date.
- Maintain a valid securities account with us before setting up a plan for SISP (please contact our branches for information on securities account opening). Set up a plan or amend the monthly investment amount or debit account via our Online Securities Services or at any branch. For plan termination, you can complete the process at any of our branches.